Experiments

PHOTOGRAPHY: KATIE BRILL / STYLING: HOLLY ANASTASIA EDWARDS
TOP & CULOTTES: H&M / SHOES: RIVER ISLAND

One of the things I wrote on my Blog Aims 2015 list (here) was to experiment with fashion and clothes more, as I think that's one of the only way to define your style. It helps you to work out what you like and don't and what works and doesn't. I haven't ever really done that on here as I'm a bit of a perfectionist and love my blog to be full of good content. Although recently I've been feeling that sometimes, it's nice to see where things didn't go so well. I love seeing bloggers/people experiment with fashion so thats the reason for this post. 

Whilst I was raiding H&M for my fave picks of their new collection, I saw these suede culottes. In theory they're an amazing high fashion piece which I suspect a lot of fashionistas will be coveting - there's been a few culotte spots on the cobbles at LFW already. 

The idea of culottes is one I adore; an oversized cropped trouser which cuts off mid calf, creating an amazing shape. Paired with chunky heels or boots in addition to a tight top and long coat, I think they could look incredible. Unfortunately for me, I don't think they quite worked. The idea was there, the execution didn't go to plan. 

Although these culottes are beautiful, I think it's just one of those things that don't work. I'm so glad I tried them and I do maintain that I love the way they cut off at the calf, as it creates a bit of interest rather than just having straight trousers.

How would you wear these pieces?

Love Holly Anastasia xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig