Burberry Prorsum SS15 Review (Vodafone London Fashion Weekend Entry)

Hey beauts, so if you follow me on twitter, you might have seen that I entered the Vodafone London Fashion Weekend competition to become their Official SS15 Blogger. To enter, you had to review a British Designer's collection from a previous Summer/Spring Collection. Although I didn't win, I managed to come up 5th out of all the entries and made it into the Top 10 entries and this is such a huge achievement. I was also given a ticket to attend the weekend, which is also very exciting!

So as it's a fashion based competition, I wanted to share my entry with you as it might be something you're interested in. My entry is on the Burberry Prorsum SS15 Womenswear Collection, which I absolutely loved...here it is:


"Set in Kensington Gardens, to the sound of James Bay and his raw acoustic music, Burberry Prorsum's SS15 show curated by Chief Creative Director, Christopher Bailey, brought something new to London Fashion Week. Pairing cropped box jackets with delicate dresses or skirts made with tulle of chiffon created a modern approach to an 80's inspired wardrobe.
The outerwear was greatly influenced by the boxy silhouette of the 80's; models wore cropped denim jackets with PVC or fur detail. The classic Burberry trench coat was redefined using the same materials, which gave a new twist on the style staple. 
Contrasting to the lines formed by masculine shapes of the outerwear, the dresses and skirts touched on a more feminine side. The sheer tulle and chiffon accentuates the model's figure, moving more freely than the structured jackets.
A mix of modern, vibrant colours and neutral earthy tones were used in the collection, which nods to the new artistic approach presented at recent Burberry shows. Purples, greens, blues and reds were the colours central to the collection with different tones and variations, which add interest to each piece.
The collection saw a mix of trainers and Birkenstock influenced sandals worn on the catwalk, again mixing modern and retro styles. As the models walked the finale, dressed in hand painted trench coats, the catwalk was awash with colour. Models wearing the artistic impressionist patterns in array of colours spread down the length of the catwalk and maintained the artisan theme of the show."

I also wanted to add a side note about taking opportunities, as this achievement wouldn't have happened if I didn't have a go. By taking the chance, knowing the worst thing I could face was not making the top 10, I reaped the rewards of making the top 5 and getting recognition for my work. I don't blog solely for recognition but the sense of achievement comes with any line of work, so it's always nice. But again, I wouldn't have had this achievement if I hadn't tried it out. You have to go out there and get what you want, as it won't be handed to you. I think this lesson resonates so much with me now as I'm so close to leaving school and trying to cease all the opportunities I can get!

Hope you have a good weekend babies
Love Holly Anastasia X

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig