Creative Make Up By Amy | Behind the Scenes

A lot of you have been reading my Spring Summer Lookbook posts ( Part One HERE & Part Two HERE ). I've still got one last outfit in the pipeline which I'll post soon, but before I do I wanted to tell you a bit about the shoot itself. Normally in my blog I do everything myself; photos, ideas and writing all comes from me unless I say otherwise. 

For photo shoots, I usually ask my friends to take my photos as I have some really talented friends who study photography but until now, I've never hired a make up artist for my shoots. However, for this shoot, I really wanted to focus on my styling so I hired an amazing Makeup Artist and friend.
Introducing Creative Makeup By Amy! She studied at the London School of Beauty and Makeup and has now built her own business as a freelance Makeup Artist for occasions ranging from fashion shoots to Brides to Prom make up! 


She came to my house to apply the first look so she set up her kit on my dining room table and got started. The first look was inspired by last years Spring/Summer Editorials from various magazines, as you can see in the mood board Amy created below. 



How Amy created this look:

"To prep the skin I used Caudalie Skin Care. For the first look I used Mac Face and Body Foundation, Mac Concealer to create the base. For Bronze and blush I used Bella Pierrre Bronzer and Blusher.
On Holly's eyes I used an unbranded palette containing a mixture of pink and orange tones. I also used minimal mascara to create the real spring look."

It took about 45 minutes to create this look then we set off to meet Katie, my friend and photographer, on location - which happened to be a FREEZING cold car park!

This is the final Orange Coloured Look, I love this look as it totally brings out the colour off all the florals in the clothes I wore it with. 

We had to change the makeup look half way through so that the makeup matched and enhanced the different outfits. The used a new makeup look for the Metallic / Pastel outfit as I wanted to keep the metallic theme going, and orange eyes doesn't really do that haha!

We took inspiration from Chanel's metallic makeup look from last Summer's Fashion Week ( you can see this in the mood board below ) The look makes a big impact and I love the way
there is a smokey eye effect coming from the black eyeliner.


As we were already on location, there was no table for Amy to lay out her kit so she managed to work from the boot of her car!


How Amy changed and create the new makeup look:
"I kept the same base as the previous look but also added some Mac Strobe Cream to create a higher glow to Holly's skin to compliment the metallic theme. To create the metallic eyes I used a NO7 Metallic Cream Shadow in Silver and added a Black Eyeliner around the top and bottom lash line".


This is the final Metallic makeup look,  I think this look finishes off the outfit completely as it keeps the metallic theme running and makes an impact at the same time. 

Amy is such a incredible makeup artist and I am in love with the looks she created. I'll link her website below if you want to check out her previous work as well. It was such a fun experience to have my makeup done for me instead of doing it myself! 

Thank you SO much to Amy for doing an amazing job with the makeup and being so amazing helping Katie out with the photography!

MAKE UP - Creative Makeup By Amy : website HERE / Facebook HERE
STYLING - Holly Anastasia : Blog HERE
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILM - Katie Brill : website HERE / Behance HERE







No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig