My Daily Make Up Routine

This week I thought I'd share with you guys my daily make up routine as at the moment. I'm always changing it up and using different products but at the moment I'm using some really great new products that I'm loving on my skin so I thought now was a great time to show it!


So obviously, I started off with a clean face after having taken my make up off the night before and washing it today. I have such dark circles under my eyes but I haven't been sleeping well due to my cold so they're not normally that bad!



The first thing I always do, regardless of which make up I'm using, is moisturise; I never leave the house without moisturising and do it even if I don't use make up that day, it's my number one rule. Here I'm using Simple Kind To Skin Light Moisturiser.


I apply it all over my face by making tiny circles moving from the center outwards. I read somewhere that doing this rather than slapping it on randomly makes your skin look more fresh and radiant - something to do with the toxins in your blood and the circulation! 


At the moment, I'm using the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I'm loving it so much at the moment but I'll explain why in my next video which will be a Primer review/comparison. I also apply my Primer in tiny circles like my moisturiser.


After going to The Clothes Show Live in December and getting a free sample of this, I finally bought a full tube. This Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation is so incredible! Normally, a mouse-like foundation doesn't work for my skin as it's too dry but this works a treat. It does stay matte for a really long time and keeps the shine away. I bought mine in 100 Ivory, which isn't too bad for my skin, but there isn't much of a huge range in colours which is disappointing. I just have to blend it in really well to avoid it looking cakey.


Hilarious photo but this just shows how I blend in my foundation. I use the Buffing Brush from Real Techniques (total investment by the way!) I blend the foundation by moving the brush around my face, again in tiny circles outwards. I take quite a while on this stage as I like the base to be really blended in. I also blend in the foundation on my jaw line and keep moving it down my neck until there isn't any marks - I don't actually put foundation on my neck but it's good to blend all the way!


I used to use a Sleek Bronzing and Highlighting Kit to do my Bronzer but one of my friends Kiera gave me a Bronzing set from Studio London for my Birthday and I've just been loving it so much that it's become of daily usage. It's not as pigmented as the Sleek Bronzer but I really like how soft it is.


I apply the bronzer lightly on my cheekbones and use little circles moving upwards towards my ear - try not move your brush in a downward motion whilst applying bronzer as it will then lower your cheekbones and alter how the structure of your face looks! I also use a tiny bit of bronzer on my temples just to define the structure of my face. Here I'm using the Contouring Brush from Real Techniques.


Also in the Studio London Bronzer Kit was a Highlighting Cream. I'd never used a highlighting cream before but I'd always wanted one because they look so easy to use.


I'm not sure if you can make it out very well but you might be able to see that I've applied the highlighting cream in the middle of my forehead, the middle of my nose, under my eyes and above my cheekbones and around my nose. To blend this in I use my fingers as I find it easier to control and again move them in little circles outwards. If you've gone too far with the highlighter you can always add some more bronzer to define your cheekbones a bit more.


I always used powder in my daily routine because most of the time I don't want to look shiny! I've been using this Natural Collection Powder for years. I find myself always going back to it because it's such a good powder, cheap and it's made by natural ingredients.


To define my eyebrows, I use the Sleek Eyebrow Kit mentioned in my Sleek Make Up Review post previously. It's so easy to use and it comes with tiny brushes which help defining and shaping so much easier.


I got given this Borjouis Intense Smoky Eyeshadow pallet by my best friend Jemima for my birthday. I had told her how I really wanted to learn how to apply eyeshadow properly as I wasn't very good and this pallet has saved me! It's got a base coat, which I'm applying in the photo above, a smoky brown colour and a purply gel liner to blend in which I'm applying below.



I got this Benefit They're Real Mascara free at The Clothes Show Live. It was such an amazing freebie as it's so so good! It's only a small bottle but it works wonders on your eyelashes - I would definitely recommend to a friend!


So this is the final look of my daily make up routine of the moment. I love all of the products I'm using at the moment and I'm using a lot of 'kits' which means it's a lot easier to do than using 3 or 4 different products to achieve one aspect of the look!

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you can't wait until next Wednesday for you're next Anastasia Fix then you can come find my on my social media...


















No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig