Did Someone Say Ombre?

After 16 years of having the same brown hair, I decided to try something new with it. I knew that I didn't want to fully dye it as I really like the colour of my natural hair but I was just getting so bored of it. When the Ombre trend came about I was so excited to try it but I wanted to wait a bit so that I knew I wanted to do it - otherwise I'd have to re dye or cut it out!

So the other day Jemima and I decided to Ombre it out!


Goodbye ends! Eek!

We used L'Oreal Paris Wild Ombres No.3 for Dark Blonde to Blonde as Jemima's hair is blonde and mine was quite light from the Borneo sun!


(Excuse my top, I went to see McFly a couple of years ago!)

The dying process was painstakingly long! The instructions say to leave the dye mix in for 45 minutes at most ,but when we washed a little bit of the dye out it hadn't actually done anything. This was really disappointing as I had kind of expected it to be bright blonde already, but it was only light brown. Jemima's hair hadn't actually changed at all so we added more dye and left it in for about another hour!


After the extra hour this is what our hair looked like! I was really happy with the colour of mine although I may go a little bit blonder later on if I want to. Despite looking a little bit lighter in the photo, Jemima's hair didn't look very different at all except a few light streaks. 


This is what my hair looks like now and I absolutely love it! 


After a second and third bleaching, this is Mim's hair. 

Personally, I'm really pleased with the effect the L'Oreal Paris Wild Ombres had on my hair. It left a subtle and soft gradient from my natural hair to the bleached half of my hair, which I really liked. If I redo my hair to make it lighter I might use a dye for darker hair to make the tips lighter. If  you have blonder hair then I'd definitely advise you to buy a dye with a stronger bleach.

Overall, I'm really happy with the Ombre effect I have on my hair now! Thank you L'Oreal!










No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig