Urban 60s Girl

Today was a beautiful, sunny day, so I decided to go out and take some photos of urbanised 60's inspired outfits I put together. Hope you enjoy!

Denim Crop





I based this look on the teenage American style in the 60's. Everything was so glamorous and structured. The Tee Dress was a big style, along with cropped tops with skater style skirts or midis. I used the cropped Denim top to add some edge to the look and the converse made the look more modern. For my makeup, I took inspiration from 'Valley of The Dolls' a film released in 1969. It is soft and natural with the focus on the eyes. I used white eye shadow for the base and added a brown line in the crease of my eye. I then joined this line with the brown eye liner on the lash line. I love this look as many models wore it in the 60s, such as Twiggy.






I absolutely love this outfit as its using more the shapes of the 60's rather than the exact styles. However it also mixes the 60's art culture in the outfit with the crop top being a tribute to Roy Lichtenstein artwork. I really love the shape of this crop top and I featured it in my April Favourites post. I am a big fan of Litchenstein's work and the top is such a nice shape, especially with the high neck. I kept the rest of the look simple as I really like the statement of the crop top. One of the rules of the Sixties trend is that it's all about the crop; to make it work you can either bare your legs or your midriff not both! So, I chose Miss Selfridge Black Ultra Soft Jean these are amazing. They really are 'ultra soft' and are so comfy and easy to get on an off (perfect for a party night!) They are £36.00 which I think is a very reasonable price considering the quality. To complete this look, I went for a heel, as it kind of added to the figure. High heels and skinny jeans are a perfect look. 

I hope you liked these looks. I'm hoping to do more in the near future so keep checking back if you did! Love From, Anastasia X


No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig