Favourite Fashion and Beauty Buys of April 2013

Having to fund raise for my trip in the summer has meant that I haven't been able to spend much money for a while. So far I've only brought a couple of items instead of saving. However, two days ago I went to London and I had to try out a few new things! So here are my Favourite Fashion and Beauty Buys of April 2013!

FASHION

BASIC BLACK BOYFRIEND TEE: PRIMARK


I love statement clothing but I love my basics too. I brought this 'Black Boyfriend Tee'. It cost only £3.50 which is a good cost for an essential. Its very soft and cosy. I brought this one to be an oversized tshirt however, I had no time to try it on and despite it being 2 sizes up from my usual size, it wasn't very oversized. I do love it though as black is such an easy colour to pair things with and is one of my every day essentials.

ROY LICHTENSTEIN STYLE HIGH NECK CROP TOP: PRIMARK


I chose this top because it links in nicely with my GCSE Art & Design topic, so I'm going to do a photo shoot and style the models in this amazing top. It's a really alternative crop top and grabs attention. It cost £4.00. It is really comfortable to wear as the fabric is soft and stretchy. I also love the cut of this crop top as it sits perfectly above the belly button and the high neck just adds to the style. Crop tops are my favourite style this season.

SUNSET SUNGLASSES: PRIMARK


I love these sunglasses. They are so beautiful and I'm glad I picked them up. I've been looking for some sunglasses to take on my trip to Borneo and Malaysia for a while but I didn't want them to be too expensive or delicate. I found these and they remind me of sunsets and they're so gorgeous. These were a bargain at £1.00.

BLACK 'NEW ICON' BAG: H&M


This bag is one of my absolute favourites so far! I am in love with black leather, and although this bag is Pleather/ Imitation Leather, it is still beautiful. It is so spacious and can fit all the handbag essentials and more. I went to London and used this and was able to fit everything I needed in it. It is the perfect everyday bag! It also only cost £14.99 and is of good quality so I am very happy with this purchase.

BEAUTY

LUMI MAGIQUE BASE PURE LIGHT PRIMER: L'OREAL PARIS


I only used foundation on top of a moisturiser or primer, as it feels nicer to apply and it sets your face up for a more even application of the foundation. I have previously used Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer and found it a very good base for foundation but still quite thick. This time I went for L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Base Pure Light Primer. I absolutely loved this as it really does set your face up beautifully; it's amazing to apply and feels so soft on your face. You can use this as a Primer by using it all over or as a Highlighter by putting it on your cheek and brow bones. It costs £9.99 and is really worth the money!

WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION: RIMMEL LONDON


I chose this foundation because I've read many reviews on it and everyone seems to be raving about it. Now I am too! It gives you a really dewy look to your skin and gives you an instantly healthy looking glow. I also love it because it is so light on your skin, unlike other liquid foundations. Along with the L'Oreal Paris Primer, it gives you an instant lift and I love that. It is also very good coverage and you don't have to use much, depending on how many blemishes you have. Coming from someone who does not have amazing skin, it really gives your skin a lift without looking too heavily covered. I also found I didn't have to use powder which is better as it's less make up. It cost £8.99 and is also definitely worth the money.

SUPER LINER PERFECT SLIM EYELINER: L'OREAL PARIS


I normally use Maybelline Intense Black Gel Eyeliner but this time I opted for a pen style eyeliner as I thought it would be easier for rushed mornings. This is amazing. It's so so easy to apply and because the tip is so slim you can be really precise with the shape you want to create. I really like doing exaggerated flicks and with this pen it is so much easier! I would definitely recommend this to everyone as it is super easy to use and only costs £6.99

APOCOLIPS LIP LACQUER: RIMMEL LONDON


My final favourite is the new Rimmel London Apocolips Lip Lacquer. These are everywhere at the moment and now that I've tried it I can see why. They have the colour strength of a lipstick, shine like a gloss and also act like a balm. I loved this because it was so easy to apply with the capped brush and when it was on it was so smooth on your lips. It is also very long lasting and stayed on a whole day in London without coming off, even after eating! It cost £5.99 and there is a range of 8 colours. 

I hope you enjoyed my April 2013 favourites and it helps you choose some new purchases!
Love From, Anastasia X

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love From, Anastasia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig